- American Heart Association - information relating to heart disease and stroke. The Heart and Stroke Guide is a particularly extensive collection of documents on these topics.
- Animal Diversity Web - a collection of pictures and information about animals, arranged in a taxonomic hierarchy.
- Bear Facts - get the "bear" facts on bears, from the Polar Bears International group
- Bee Vision - this site explains how a honey bee sees the world.
- The Biology Project - your one stop for links in such areas as: biology, genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, general and organic chemistry, science journals and lab safety.
- BIODIDAC - a data bank of thousands of images, with short descriptions, in zoology, botany and histology.
- Biodiversity and Biological Collections - extensive biological information resources by the Australian government.
- Biographical Dictionary of Biologists - biographical sketches of biologists from the 19th and 20th century.
- The Biology Place - research updates, links and student activities in many biology areas.
- Biology Topics: Yahoo - a listing of the Biology links available through Yahoo.
- Biosystematics and Life Science Resources - Thompson offers extensive databases of interest to all biologists, with particular emphasis on taxonomy and nomenclature.
- BioTech - many great resources here: the life science dictionary, interactive textbook on glycolysis, and links dealing with medicinal botany, bioinformatics and biomedical sites.
- Botany: WWW Virtual Library - a good starting point for a broad exploration of botany.
- The Bridge - is a unique clearinghouse of the best K-12 ocean sciences education sites available online .... information on almost any ocean science topic, links to aquariums and research institutions, ocean science research data, lesson plans and career information.
- Bugs in the News - many easy to read articles providing information about microorganisms and other biological topics.
- BedBugs.org - guide for students and teachers offering free bed bug clip art, pictures and news.
- Cells Alive - pictures and information about cells, bacteria and viruses.
- Chronic Illnet - extensive articles on chronic illnesses: HIV, autoimmune disease, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, neurological diseases, heart disease and more.
- Dictionary of Cell Biology - search for short dictionary - type descriptions and explanations of terms related to all aspects of cells.
- EMCC Biology Internet Resources - a list of biology links compiled by the folks at Estrella Mountain Community College.
- FishSearch - a good place to start looking for something fishy! Offers deep database of fish information.
- Fisheries Centre - information and research about restoring fisheries, conserving aquatic life, and rebuilding ecosystem
- Genetics:WWW Virtual Library - extensive links and genetics resources.
- Exploratorium: Frogs - absolutely everything you ever wanted to know about frogs! Includes frog pictures and information about how adaptable frogs are
- Insects Images - a comprehensive set of insect pictures.
- Insects.org - a detailed set of entomoly links and resources
- Internet Directory for Botany - an amazing number of links .... use it as a starting point when looking for botany-related information.
- Ken's Bio-Web References - a super list of web site references for biological topics commonly taught in high school and college.
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Medicine - this site has an image database of microscope slides that is very extensive; use the "Search the Image Database" link.
- Medicine:WWW Virtual Library - start here to search for a wide range of medicine resources.
- Microbe Zoo - images and descriptions of microscopic organisms and the habitats in which they live.
- The Microbiology Network - communication resource for the microbiologist.
- Medical Library Association - resource list of consumer health information on the web.
- Muscle Net - information and links on muscle biology, neuromuscular disorders, cardiomyopathies, and recent research on these topics.
- Mycological Resources on the Internet - part of the WWW VL, this is the ultimate list of resources of interest to mycologists.
- National Library of Medicine - lots of medical information and resources are available here!
- NetVet and the Electronic Zoo - the authoritative source for veterinary medical or animal information.
- Neuroscience for Kids - a site designed for students and teachers who would like to learn more about the nervous system: an extensive collection of experiments, activities, information and links to neuroscience resources.
- Online Biology Book - over 40 chapters developed from freshman level lecture outlines by Michael Farabee, with many illustrations and links.
- Online Nursing Degrees - portal for nursing college student which also contains some interesting facts for students in middle school.
- Pathophysiology of the Digestive System - a Hypertext book for the biomedical sciences, giving complete information on the digestive system.
- Protist Image Data - pictures and descriptions of selected protist genera.
- RNA World - extensive links dealing with RNA.
- Trans Web: All About Transplantation and Donation - extensive information and links on all aspects of organ transplants and donations.
- The Tree of Life - a distributed project designed to link biological information available on the Internet, and provide information about living organisms and their relationship to each other.
- Vascular Plant Image Gallery - visit the terrific vascular plant image gallery maintained at TAMU.
- Institute fro Molecular Virology - visit this site to see computer visualizations of viruses, plus many links to virology - related resources on the internet.
- Virology on the WWW - this site may well be the most comprehensive single site for virology information that can be found anywhere on the internet.
- Whale Watcher - identify whales, plus an ocean of whale-related links.
- Whole Frog Project - shows a three dimensional reconstruction of a frog's anatomy.
- Wikipedia Biology Portal - informational collaborative community biology resource.
- Wildflower Information Resource - catalogues, links, common and Latin names,photographs and gardens to explore.
- WWW Course on Cell Biology - a good reference for anyone interested in cells.
- Yuckiest Site on the Internet - learn about worms and insects.
- Zoonet - extensive list of links to zoos, animal resources and pictures.
Want to Learn More? Online Biology Courses & Degrees:
Top of this page ..... or ..... Return to the SCIENCE PAGE
.... or link directly from this page to:
[ Activities, Labs and Lesson Plans | Biology | Chemistry | Constants and Conversions ]
[ Earth Science | The Environment | General Science Sites | Journals and Magazines ]
[ Science Newsgroups | Online Science Degrees | Paleontology | Physics | History ]
[ Resources for Science Teachers | Science Ed Organizations | Science Fair Projects ]
[ Science Organizations | Science Questions | Technology | Space and Astronomy ]
[ Weather | Awards | HTML Validation and Link Checking | College ]
E-mail me with suggestions for new sites or to indicate links that have changed.
© 2001 - 2020