- Ask An Astronaut - each month, courtesy of the National Space Society, you have an opportunity to meet and question another astronaut, and to learn about their space missions.
- Astronomy and Astrophysics: WWW Virtual Library - start here for an overview of astronomy topics and resources.
- The Astronomy Cafe - your one stop for information and links dealing with astronomy.
- Astronomy Online - an introductory astronomy course given online.
- Astronomy Topics: Yahoo - a list of the astronomy links available through Yahoo.
- Aurora Borealis - everything you might like to know about the Northern Lights.
- Bad Astronomy - this site points out scientific errors in the reporting of astronomy in various media.
- Black Holes and Neutron Stars - excellent information on black holes and neutron stars, a question and answer section, and related links.
- The Center for Mars Exploration - historical references to Mars, previous Mars mission information, images and current news about Mars.
- Comet Observations Home Page - very extensive images and information about comets.
- Constellations - information and resources describing the 88 constellations, plus other astronomy information.
- The Constellations and their Stars - detailed information, images and sky charts of the constellations and their stars; also links to supplementary topics in astronomy.
- Houston Chronicle Interactive Space Central - coverage of NASA shuttle missions, space news, and don't miss the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- Hubble Space Telescope - a collection of some of the best photos taken by the HST.
- Imagine the Universe - a service of the High - Energy Astrophysics Learning Center; this site discusses the Universe ... what and how we know about it, how it is evolving, and the kinds of objects and phenomena it contains.
- Infrared Astronomy - All about infrared astronomy from NASA's infrared astronomy center: discovery of infrared, what is infrared and infrared astronomy, the infrared universe, gallery, activities, discoveries and a lot of links to IR astronomy sites.
- Inquirer's Guide to the Universe - explore the solar system and universe, and write your own space science fiction.
- International Space Station - information about all aspects of this international space project.
- Jan Curtis' Home Page - extensive resources in these areas: sky configurations, aurora links and photos, and astronomy and weather links.
- Johnson Space Center - space, space travel and NASA information.
- Kennedy Space Center - lots of Space Shuttle information here, plus links to other topics dealing with space.
- Lake Afton Public Observatory - lots of resources and images related to astronomy.
- Mars Missions - information and pictures detailing the Pathfinder and Surveyor series of missions.
- The Messier Catalog - a complete guide to the 110 objects recognized as the standard Messier catalog, including images, descriptions and data.
- NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory - space flight information.
- NASA Observatorium - resources dealing with aeronautics, spaceflight, space science, the earth, an image gallery and information on NASA projects.
- NASA Web Search - from this site you can search for NASA resources which are available online.
- The Nine Planets - describes the planets and major moons in our solar system with images and text.
- North American Skies - a monthly guide to astronomical phenomena occuring over North America.
- Satellite Passes over North American Cities - use this web page to find out when certain spacecraft will be in range of selected cities for visual observations.
- Space Shuttle Clickable Map - click on a component of the Space Shuttle and receive detailed information about its construction and function.
- Space Topics: Yahoo - a list of space links available through Yahoo.
- Stanford Solar Center - this site has educational information, resources and activities concerning the sun.
- Today at NASA - read the most current press releases about NASA projects, plus related links.
- Views of the Solar System - information and images about the sun, planets, moons, asteroids, comets, meteoroids, people, and the history of space exploration.
- Welcome to the Planets - planet information and a collection of images from NASA's planetary exploration program.
- We're Going to the Moon - information and images from U.S. government sources on NASA's manned moon project, plus links to NASA sites containing general information on all aspects of the space program.
Interested in learning more? Check out these online astronomy degree programs!
Or maybe you're more interested in the physics behind the stars.
Top of this page ..... or ..... Return to the SCIENCE PAGE
.... or link directly from this page to:
[ Activities, Labs and Lesson Plans | Biology | Chemistry | Constants and Conversions ]
[ Earth Science | The Environment | General Science Sites | Journals and Magazines ]
[ Science Newsgroups | Online Science Degrees | Paleontology | Physics | History ]
[ Resources for Science Teachers | Science Ed Organizations | Science Fair Projects ]
[ Science Organizations | Science Questions | Technology | Space and Astronomy ]
[ Weather | Awards | HTML Validation and Link Checking | College ]
E-mail me with suggestions for new sites or to indicate links that have changed.
© 2001 - 2017