- Astronomic Constants Index - a set of astronomic constants by John Q. Jacobs.
- Astronomy Formulas Page - periodicity formulas, time formulas, illumination geometry and miscellaneous formulas.
- CODATA Recommended Values of the Fundamental Physical Constants - a very complete listing of the values of the basic constants and conversion factors of physics and chemistry.
- Common Weights and Measures - includes a listing of mathematical notation for orders of magnitude, common metric prefixes, and common U.S. and metric equivalents.
- Conversion Factors - this site gives the metric equivalent to many common units and provides conversion factors for quantities such as: area, force, length, mass, power, pressure, temperature, volume and many others.
- Conversion of Units - a very neat utility that allows you to enter a value in one unit and have it converted into another unit of your choosing.
- Cosmographic Values Index - a set of cosmographic values and modules, by John Q. Jacobs.
- A Dictionary of Units - a summary of units of measurement in use today, arranged alphabetically and by category; basic and derived S.I. units; S.I. prefixes; and a listing of basic relationships in metric units and in the U K (Imperial) system.
- Scientific and Engineering Unit Conversion Programs - select a general category like acceleration, charge, energy, force, magnetic flux, pressure, etc. and then perform conversions from one set of units to another.
- Fundamental Physical Constants / Naturkonstanten - physical constants and conversion factors from the University of Berlin, by Burkhard Kirste.
- Measure 4 Measure - links to interactive sites on the Web that estimate, calculate, convert, evaluate and translate.
- MegaConverter - an ever-growing set of weights, measures and units conversion/calculation modules.
- Physical Constants and Astronomical Data - physical constants, astronomical units, data on the planets, and links to other lists of physical constants.
- Physics and Astronomy Constants - a listing of constants used in physics and astronomy, organized by category. Also includes many equasions.
- Physics Unit Conversion Page - a neat calculator which will convert from one type of unit to another. Try it!
- Physics Unit Converter - uses a Java applet to do conversions of physics units.
- Space/Math: Constants and Equations for Calculations - constants and equations dealing with many aspects of space science.
- Standard Atmosphere Computations - compute atmospheric properties such as density, temperature, pressure, speed of sound, etc. up to an altitude of 230 000 ft.
- MIT Table of Fundamental Physical Constants - a listing of approximately 150 common constants, including their symbol, value and units.
- Temperature Conversion Calculator - calculates conversions involving degrees Kelvin, Celsius, Fahrenheit, Reamur and Rankine.
- University Chemistry: Main Tables of Chemical Data - all the basic chemistry data is here: physical constants, atomic masses, thermodynamic properties, ionization constants of acids, solubility products and reduction potentials. A terrific resource by James Plambeck, University of Alberta.
- Weights and Measures - mathematical notation, metric prefixes and an extensive listing of conversion factors used to change from one unit to another.
- Weights and Measures from Refdesk - list of resources for conversions plus a listing of metric and U.S. equivalents to many common measurements.
Top of this page ..... or ..... Return to the SCIENCE PAGE
.... or link directly from this page to:
[ Activities, Labs and Lesson Plans | Biology | Chemistry | Constants and Conversions ]
[ Earth Science | The Environment | General Science Sites | Journals and Magazines ]
[ Science Newsgroups | Online Science Degrees | Paleontology | Physics | History ]
[ Resources for Science Teachers | Science Ed Organizations | Science Fair Projects ]
[ Science Organizations | Science Questions | Technology | Space and Astronomy ]
[ Weather | Awards | HTML Validation and Link Checking | College ]
E-mail me with suggestions for new sites or to indicate links that have changed.
© 2001 - 2015