- Ask - Search engine owned by InterActive Corp. Promoted across their suite of properties.
- Google - the search engine with the largest reach.
- Internet Archive - if you find any broken links you can see what those pages looked like in the past.
- MSN Clustering Search - new technology search showing clustering.
- MSN Search - the default search in Windows. Has around 10 to 15% market share in the US.
- Yahoo! Mindset - search engine which allows you to bias your search results toward commercial or informational results.
- Yahoo! Search - the search engine with the second largest reach.
How do Search Engines Work?
What are People Searching for?
- DMOZ - Open Directory Project
- Yahoo! Directory - one of the oldest web directories
- Yahoohooligans - web guide for kids
- Wikipedia - similar to DMOZ in structure, but hosts articles instead of just categorized link lists
More Search Engines at:
Validation Service from W3C