Affordable Online Astronomy Degrees and Courses
Having trouble finding an online college that offers a degree in Astronomy? Although the availability of honest online baccalaureate astronomy degrees may be a bit scarce, there are plenty of colleges offering specific courses tailored toward the professional. These courses may help you to complete your undergraduate, or even count towards gaining your masters.
Ideal Astronomy Degree Candidates:
These courses are an excellent choice for those that have been working in a astronomy related field for several years, allowing you to have the flexibility to further your education while maintaining your professional career. Some occupations that may benefit from online astronomy courses are:
- Research Associates
- Technical Consultants
- Radio Astronomers
- Telescope System Engineers
- Astronomy Teachers
- Operations Managers
- Graduate Students
Typical Astronomy Course Requirements:
Often there are requirements that must be met by the student prior to enrollment.
- a high school diploma or GED,
- TOEFL required for international applicants whose primary language of instruction was not English
- related professional work experience
- a baccalaureate degree or some prior college experience
Colleges Offering Online Astronomy Courses:
There are a number of accredited universities offering online astronomy courses. Many colleges offer online content only during certain semesters, and require enrollment at the university. If you're unsure whether or not a college in your area offers online courses you should check with the college registrar to get a list of available online courses.
- Swinburne University - Offers several online masters programs for those looking to continue their education.
- Indiana University - Offers an introductory undergraduate level astronomy course.
- University of Phoenix - Offers an introductory astronomy course as an elective.