Affordable Online Chemistry Degrees and Courses
Having trouble finding an online college that offers a degree in Chemistry? Although the availability of honest online baccalaureate chemistry degrees may be a bit scarce, there are plenty of colleges offering specific courses tailored toward the professional. These courses may help you to complete your undergraduate, or even count towards gaining your masters.
Ideal Chemistry Course Candidates:
These courses are an excellent choice for those that have been working in a chemistry related field for several years, allowing you to have the flexibility to further your education while maintaining your professional career. Some occupations that may benefit from online chemistry courses are:
- Research Associates
- Organic Chemists
- Chemical Engineers
- Computational Chemists
- Chemistry Teachers
- Graduate Students
Typical Chemistry Degree Requirements:
Often there are requirements that must be met by the student prior to enrollment.
- a high school diploma or GED,
- TOEFL required for international applicants whose primary language of instruction was not English
- related professional work experience
- a baccalaureate degree or some prior college experience
Colleges Offering Online Chemistry Courses:
There are a number of accredited universities offering online chemistry courses. Many colleges offer online content only during certain semesters, and require enrollment at the university. If you're unsure whether or not a college in your area offers online courses you should check with the college registrar to get a list of available online courses.
- Washington Online - Offers an introductory chemistry course with lab exercises that can be completed at home using regular consumer products.
- University of Utah - Offers several online introductory physics courses geared toward students who have not yet obtained a baccalaureate.
- American Chemical Society - Offers two courses geared toward continuing education.
- Victoria College of Pharmacy - Offers a twelve month long Master of Science in Computational Chemistry degree in conjuction with Northern Territory University, Swinburne University of Technology, and Monash University.