Affordable Online Meteorology Degrees
Having trouble finding an online college that offers a degree in Meteorology? Although the availability of honest online baccalaureate meteorology degrees may be a bit scarce, there are plenty of colleges offering specific courses tailored toward the professional. These courses may help you to complete your undergraduate, or even count towards gaining your masters.
Ideal Meteorology Course Candidates:
These courses are an excellent choice for those that have been working in a meteorology related field for several years, allowing you to have the flexibility to further your education while maintaining your professional career. Some occupations that may benefit from online meteorology courses are:
- Research Associates
- GIS Specialists
- Emissions Air Quality Modelers
- Meteorology Teachers
- Climate Physicists
- Graduate Students
Typical Meteorology Course Requirements:
Often there are requirements that must be met by the student prior to enrollment.
- a high school diploma or GED,
- TOEFL required for international applicants whose primary language of instruction was not English
- related professional work experience
- a baccalaureate degree or some prior college experience
Colleges Offering Online Meteorology Courses:
There are a number of accredited universities offering online meteorology courses. Many colleges offer online content only during certain semesters, and require enrollment at the university. If you're unsure whether or not a college in your area offers online courses you should check with the college registrar to get a list of available online courses.
- Penn State University - Offers an introductory meteorology course online.
- University of Wisconsin - Offers an award winning introductory meteorology course.
- St. Louis Community College - Offers an undergraduate level web based meteorology course.